Wednesday, February 15, 2012

About Communication.

What I expect to learn from the Podcast Project.
- I expect to learn a little bit about the interests of my classmates and other students of Japanese.
- I expect to learn about culture: Japanese and others.
- I may even learn a little more with regards to the Japanese language.
- I will probably learn a bit about podcasting, a form of communication I have never worked with before.
- I expect to learn something completely random through a link found on the side of a youtube page. Probably about someone's dog or baby.

What communication means to me.
- I understand communication as the transfer, expression, and exploration of concepts and ideas.
- Communication does not have to be merely words. One can express their ideas in nearly endless ways.
- Literature, cinema, poetry, comics (or graphic novels if you prefer), video games, television, music, technical   or instructional writing and manuals, conversation, letters, e-mails, podcasts, twitter, facebook, the internet in
  general, textbooks, advertisements, threat displays, facial expressions.
- Any sort of product serves as communication. Beer, liquor, cars, motorcycles, clothing, signage, pictures, photographs, paintings, colors, symbols, sounds, even a picturesque landscape.
- I suppose anything that serves to interface between a person and something or someone else.

Are you surprised that I worked beer into this post? Probably not... And do you know why? Previous communication.

I am now done communicating.

2 comments:

  1. こんばんは、リンチさん。わたしはじぶんのいけんのどういする。それから、これはとてもおかしいですね!いいですね。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrewさん、こんばんは。About Communicationのポストはおもしろいですね。とくに、さいごに計(last sentence)。I agree with you on that communication doesn’t have to be merely words. It can be a picture! A photo is worth a thousand words. かんばってください。

    ReplyDelete